Site Selection Guidelines
A traditional location should fit these basic criteria but you are not limited to only these criteria. Some non-traditional locations are also acceptable.
The Bennigan’s prototypical site is designed to be in a multi-tenant leased space of 4000 – 6000 square feet with seating between 140 – 200. We have not limited the size of space to one particular size as there are many factors that come into play for different opportunities. The Bennigan’s brand is flexible to participate in many different settings. While a leased space in a small multi-unit tenant building is preferred, free stand buildings as well as other nontraditional opportunities are possible. Conversion opportunities of other casual dining buildings while not the preferred can also be considered on a case by case basis.
Good Visibility – Traffic 25,000 vehicles per day
Parking – 125 spaces
Zoned for Liquor Sales – License must be available
Other Restaurant Activity – Must be in area
Need Mix of Residential and Commercial – Strong day and evening population
Population – 50,000 – 75,000 or more in 5-mile radius
Median Age – 35-43
Median Income – $50,000 +/-
Per Capita Income – $20,000 +
Families and Singles – Preferred
Daytime Population – 20,000 + within 2 miles
Term of Lease
Typically 15 years with negotiated renewal options for the lease.
Leases will be taken by the franchisee or the franchise corporation.
Neither Bennigan’s Franchising Company nor any or its affiliates will be guarantor of any
The following criteria are not mandatory, or even considered causative, but research has found these characteristics to have a strong correlative relationship with current successful sites:
- Local pool of potential employees
- No restrictive Signage laws
- Access to residential areas in close proximity.
- Target demographics is 21 – 45 years old (21 – 29 being the most important age group)
- “Destination” Shopping within 1 mile (Big Box Retail)
- Lease spaces in multi-tenant buildings are preferred
- Other casual dining competition in area is OK, but a strong Applebee’s does not mean Bennigan’s sales will be strong.
- Visibility from access road and nearby highway
Please contact us at 855-GOT-BENN